Whether you’re looking to unwind at home or chill out in a dimmed bar, Hilton’s hotel bartenders and mixologists have created concoctions that will have you sipping pretty.
Below is just a sampling of some of the most anticipated cocktails available to you at Hilton Asia Pacific properties this season:
Monday Negroni from Hilton Goa Resort
Coco mixologist Rasikta Kamble of Hilton Goa Resort is seeing even the most avid cocktail connoisseurs taking a more leveled approach towards drinks appreciation – especially as zero-proof spirits offer the same levels of craft production without any compromise on taste. This summer, Kamble feels this modern Monday Negroni will be a popular request.
- 2 oz (60 ml) Sakura Fresh Negroni
- 2 dashes Sakura Fresh Better than Bitters
- Garnish: star anise
- Fill a mixing glass with ice and add Sakura Fresh Negroni and Better than Bitters. Stir for 10 seconds.
- Light the star anise with a cigar lighter and capture the smoke into the mixing glass for a few seconds.
- Fill an old fashioned glass with fresh ice and strain the stirred cocktail over.
- Garnish with the torched star anise and serve.
Illusion from Waldorf Astoria Bangkok
In Thailand, mixologists at The Loft at Waldorf Astoria Bangkok suggest the Illusion for savoury summer sipping. Named for its duality, the Illusion is light in appearance but packs a real punch in flavour and strength, serving as the ideal refresher for the upcoming hotter months.
- 45 ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 5 ml peach liqueur
- 10 ml Silpin Thai lemongrass syrup
- 20 ml clarified lime juice
- 90 ml house-made vanilla, ginger and Pandan soda
- Garnish: lemon twist, edible flower
- Fill a mixing glass with ice and combine all of the above ingredients.
- Stir and strain into an oak Chardonnay glass.
- Finish with a block of ice, edible flower and lemon twist.
Snow White from Hilton Adelaide
Snow White from The Collins Bar at Hilton Adelaide uses a unique combination of South Australian gins that are stirred, not shaken to retain their individual flavours. Like a mini vacation in a glass, this bright cocktail is the perfect thirst quencher for hot, summer days.
- 30 ml (1 oz) Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz gin
- 15 ml (0.5 oz) 36 Short Blood Orange gin
- 15 ml (0.5 oz) 78° Sunset gin
- 1 teaspoon yuzu juice (or lime juice)
- 15 ml (0.5 oz) honey syrup
- Place all ingredients into a mixing glass and stir until combined.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with dried apple and a sprig of mint.
Honey Syrup Directions:
In a saucepan over low heat, combine ½ cup honey and ½ cup water. Simmer until the honey dissolves then remove from heat. Let the syrup cool and pour into an airtight container.
Non-Alcoholic Espresso Martini from DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront
For the sober curious, this non-alcoholic espresso martini from 18 Knots Rooftop Bar, DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront puts a new twist on the classic Doubletree Espresso Martini by swapping out the alcoholic component with Seedlip Spice.
- 45 ml (1.5 oz) Seedlip Spice
- 60 ml (2 oz) Mr Blacks cold drip coffee
- 15 ml (0.5 oz) Monin salted caramel syrup
- chocolate powder and coffee beans for garnish
- Add all ingredients into shaker, shake over ice, then double strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with a line of chocolate powder and three coffee beans.
Peakedness of Wuyi from Waldorf Astoria Xiamen
A variation of the classic Bee’s Knees, the Peakedness of Wuyi from Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Xiamen combines rock tea-infused gin with lemon juice and honey to make a fresh and light cocktail. A simple drink to enjoy the sweetness of springtime and get a little boozy while you’re at it.
- 60 ml (2 oz) rock tea-infused Gin
- 25 ml (0.85 oz) lemon juice
- 25 ml (0.85 oz) honey
- dry lapsang souchong for garnish
- Add all the ingredients into a shaker. Double shake.
- Double strain into a martini glass, and garnish with dry lapsang souchong.
Bageechaa (Sustainability Garden) from Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort & Spa
The Bageechaa cocktail from Aura Pool Bar & Cocktail Lab at Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort & Spa (opening July 2022) is inspired by the zero-waste concept of throwing away fewer “leftovers” and using an ingredient to its full potential. Aura’s version extracts juice from the core of the blood orange while utilizing the skin to make the oleo and the garnish.
- 2 wedges of peeled fresh blood orange (peel used for garnish)
- 15 ml (0.5 oz) blood orange oleo (made out of leftover skin)
- 10 ml (0.33 oz) homemade rhubarb shrub
- 10 ml (0.33 oz) lime juice
- 10 ml (0.33 oz) elderflower liqueur
- 50 ml (1.7 oz) The Botanist gin
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- Chill a coupe glass.
- Add blood orange chunks into shaker and muddle.
- Add fresh basil into shaker and press the basil gently.
- Add blood orange oleo, rhubarb shrub, lime juice, elderflower liqueur and The Botanist gin.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake well. Fine strain into chilled coupe glass.
- Finish with the garnish – place a nice and clean blood orange peel on top of the glass and place the flower on the peel.