I was inspired to cook this dish after watching this video. It looked super easy and as it has been raining almost everyday, soup looked like something suitable to eat and it was also a great way to finish up the remainder sourdough bread. As I don’t have milk (no, I don’t drink it regularly) so I ended up making a vegan version.
- 1/2 small pumpkin
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp miso butter (or plain miso)
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of curry powder (optional)
- Just as in the video, microwave the pumpkin so that it’s easier to cut off the skin. Dice up the pumpkin.
- In a saucepan, heat up the almond milk and add in the diced pumpkin plus miso butter.
- Once the pumpkin is soft, blend it with either a hand blender in the pot or you can remove it and blend it in a food processer. Continue to heat it until it comes to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.