I know, I know…this doesn’t look like much but it tasted amazing! It was so simple to cook as well, which is great during this pandemic where we’re all stuck at home but still lazy.
I was tempted to call this a 3 ingredient dish…but…if you count garlic and oil, it’s really not 3 ingredients, right? Hahaha.
- 2-3 pieces of chicken thigh
- 1 large asparagus stalk
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water or stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a saucepan with oil and when hot, fry the garlic till it’s almost golden brown.
- Stir fry the asparagus until it’s cooked. Take out the asparagus and put it in a dish.
- Put the chicken in the pan and sear all sides. Add in the quinoa and water into the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add in a pinch of salt and cover the pan. Simmer.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add in the asparagus and simmer further for another couple of minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Tuck in!