Now that we’re all staying at home, it is the perfect time to try out new recipes or techniques. So I’ve been seeing this on the internet for some time and I really wanted to try it while giving myself the excuse that I’ll be giving my arm a workout (LOL). Great thing about this dish is that you don’t really need a lot of ingredients and it’s really quite easy…provided that you don’t over whisk your eggs or burn the omelette at the stove.
You can check out my video below or read the recipe as well.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- a bit of unsalted butter
- black pepper and parsley (optional)
- Separate your egg yolks from your whites. Make sure that the bowl your egg whites are in is clean and doesn’t have any oils.
- Add the salt into the yolk and mix. Set aside.
- Add the sugar into the whites and whisk until you get it almost to soft peaks.
- Heat your pan on LOW heat. Add in the butter.
- Fold in the yolk mixture into the whites.
- Pour egg mixture into the heated pan, evening it out with your spatula or frying stick.
- Cover and let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Longer if your pan is smaller and the omelette is thicker.
- Your omelette is done when the bottom is able to slide and is a golden brown colour (as seen in the photo above).
- Fold it in half and sprinkle your parsley and black pepper on top. You can also eat this with ketchup!