There’s this new dessert place called ‘Bing Bian’ and I’ve been making a few trips down to eat their lovely desserts. You can read my review on them here. They say that imitation is the best compliment and so…yes, I mimicked their avocado ice but I substituted the avocado ice with actual avocado…
That’s a whole avocado in there baby!! 🙂 Anyway, results wise, it tasted really similar which made me really happy. I prefer using the whole avocado compared to the avocado ice because avocado has a very subtle creamy flavour which was wiped out in the snow ice version. So, how did I recreate this very simple dish?
- Dissolve about 10g of Gula Melaka (palm sugar) in about 2 tbsp of water and boil till it becomes a syrup. Leave it to cool.
- Smash some ginger snap biscuits with a mortar and pestle OR put them in a plastic bag and beat the heck out of it with a rolling pin/ pestle. I used Arnott’s Ginger Snap biscuits.
- Halve your avocado and use a spoon to spoon out the creamy goodness into a bowl
- Sprinkle the ginger biscuit crumbs over the avocado
- Open a can/bag of original flavoured Nata de Coco. Drain and put as much of it you want onto the avocado.
- Drizzle the whole thing with the gula melaka syrup.
Dead easy, isn’t it? A rough calorie count of the dessert is 438 calories so yes…it’s a meal in a bowl but such delightful happiness. Avocado is good for your skin and hair while nata de coco is rich in vitamins and fibre. Haha…I’ll just use any excuse for a good dessert!